Sunday, December 20, 2009

Happy New Year's!

It’s almost that time; time to make your New Year’s Resolution(s)! If you’re anything like me, a New Year’s Resolution rarely lasts until the following New Years…. Or even to the end of March! That could potentially have less to do with the resolution maker than the resolution itself. “Eat Healthy”, a common choice, but what does it really mean? No processed foods? No soda or fast food? “Get in Shape”; this resolution is the reason Gyms are so full the first few months of the year. But as time goes on, people stop going to the gym, for various reasons. For one, that is not a FUN resolution. It sounds more like a chore. “Get in shape” is much different than “run a marathon” or “Climb Mt. Whitney” (almost 15,000 feet!). Both these things are tangible goals that you can actually accomplish, that take training, devotion and focus to complete. “Eat Healthy” or “Get in Shape” are things that don’t really have an end, and therefore are harder to follow through on. They can be a lifestyle change, but as New Year’s resolution goes, I think we can all choose better!
I’ve decided I want to live a richer life. That is of course quite vague. To accomplish this goal, I’ve decided that my New Year’s Resolution is to try something new at minimum once a week. I’ve already decided I’m going to try Zumba, a Latin music based fitness routine, as well as make my own lasagna. Coming up with something new, that I actually have an interest in doing (no skydiving for me!), will take a little more creativity than I normally use, but any suggestions are welcome!
I hope regardless of what your resolutions are, or even if you decide not to make any, that you have a full, rich, happy 2010!

No comments:

Post a Comment